Can you believe it’s almost time to prepare for the holiday season? If your holiday decorating plans include a Christmas tree, you’ll want to start scouting out the best tree farm so you’ll be ready to hit the road in search of the perfect tree.
Marylanders are fortunate to have quite a few Christmas tree farms conveniently located within easy driving distance from National Harbor. Besides bringing home the perfect tree that you picked out yourself, you can also enjoy a day in the country, breathing in the fresh air and fragrance of spruce, fir and pine.
So, channel your inner lumberjack, and visit one of these 8 Christmas tree farms in Maryland:
1. Buck Lodge Farm: Boyds, Maryland. Open daily 9 to dusk. White Pine. (301) 349-5226.
2. Butler’s Orchard: 22200 Davis Mill Road, Germantown, Maryland (301) 972-3299. Open daily except Mondays 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. through Dec. 24. White Pine, Douglas Fir
3. Leonnig Farm: Rt. 202, Landover, Maryland, (301) 455-5837. Open weekends 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., weekdays noon to 4:30 p.m. Norway Spruce, some Scotch and White Pine.
4. Linden Hill Farm: 4102 Old Crain Highway, Upper Marlboro, Maryland. (301)627-3768. Open Fri-Sun, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Douglas Fir, Norway and Blue Spruce and White Pine.
5. MG Farm: Route 27, Damascus, Maryland. (301) 253-2636. Open daily 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Dec. 23. Scotch and White Pine, Douglas and Fraser Fir.
6. Naughty Pine Plantation: 18200 Elmer School Road, Dickerson Maryland. (703) 336-3669. Douglas Fir and Norwegian Spruce. Open every weekend in December from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
7. R & K Trees: Slidell Road, Boyds, (301) 972-9355. Open weekends 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays 3 to 5 p.m. Dec. 6 through 14. Douglas and Canaan Fir, Blue Spruce.
8. Seppi Evergreens: 17409 Queen Anne Bridge Road, Bowie, Maryland (301) 249-7412. Open daily 9 a.m. to dark. Norway and Blue Spruce, Douglas, Balsam and Fraser Fir.