Filter Esplanade Blog
The Esplanade at National Harbor Happy Hour at The Sauciety
Mark your calendars! The Esplanade at National Harbor will hold a Happy Hour for all of our residents on October 22, 2015, from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. This fun event will be held at The Sauciety Restaurant inside the Westin Hotel.
Esplanade residents are invited to enjoy complimentary light appetizers and happy hour drink specials! This event is the perfect opportunity to get to know your neighbors at The Esplanade, as well as to kick back and relax after a hard day of work. Please remember to bring your blue Espanade resident card to show at the entry of the Lobby Bar.
Speaking of relaxing, social occasions can bring up concerns about what to say (and what not to say), as well as issues of etiquette when you’re making small talk. We’ve gathered some happy hour to-dos so you won’t have to worry about a thing! We’ve also included a few conversation starters that are sure to keep the atmosphere buzzing.
1. Go! Even if you are new to the area (actually – especially if you are new), don’t be shy. Get out and enjoy a drink or two with your neighbors. It’s fun to be able to recognize people around the community, and who knows – you may end up forming lasting friendships.
2. Open up. Again, don’t be too shy. Consider this — everyone at a happy hour is there for two reasons: tasty drinks and to socialize. That means most people want to hear about your job, dog, favorite band, regular National Harbor hangout, etc. So, open up and share!
To Get the Conversation Going:
If you find yourself searching for something to talk about, have no fear. A little bit of anxiety around meeting new people is natural. Science of People recommends the following sure-fire conversation starters:
1. Tell me about you.
2. What’s your story?
3. What personal passion project are you working on right now?
4. Working on anything exciting lately?
5. How do you know the host?
6. Have you been to an event like this before?
7. What was the highlight of your day today?
8. What was the highlight of your week?
9. What was the high-point and low-point of your day so far?
10. Is this your busy season? Is this a busy time for you?
The next Esplanade Happy Hour is sure to be a fun time – we can wait to see you there!